Anthropology, Sociology, and Social Work Scholarship
Three scholarships of $500 each are available for one Anthropology major, one Sociology major, and one Social Work major during each fall semester.
While the scholarship is open to all, preference will be given to students who meet the following criteria:
- Have Sophomore or Junior standing, 30-89 completed hours, earned primarily at EKU,
- Be current majors in Anthropology, Sociology, or Social Work,
- Must have or be enrolled in 9 or more semester hours in the major at EKU,
- Have a cumulative EKU GPA of 3.0 or better at time of application,
- Be enrolled as continuing majors the semester in which the scholarship is awarded,
- Final awarding authority rests with the University’s Scholarship and Financial Aid Offices. Should the recipient, at any time prior to the semester in which s/he received the award, cease to meet the above-stated criteria, the University’s Scholarship Office may revoke its awarding of said scholarship.
Applications are available in Keith 223, and must be received in that office by 4:00 p.m. February 15.
Recipients of the award shall be notified no later than March 15.
LATE OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences Dean's Office coordinates the Laura D. Kennamer Endowed Scholarship which is available to students majoring in programs in the areas of Social and Behavioral Sciences.
The University has a wide variety of scholarships available to help students in need of financial assistance. For more information on University scholarships, visit scholarships.eku.edu.